The Jacksonville suspended license legal team covers:
- Jacksonville suspended license lawyer,
- Jacksonville Beach drivers license reinstatement
- Fernandina Beach suspended license lawyer,
- St Augustine suspended license lawyer,
- Orange Park suspended license lawyer
- Suspended license lawyer and drivers license reinstatement Northeast Florida.
The loss of driving privileges in Florida can occur for many reasons. Among the most common are:
- Lawyer for Failure to pay a traffic citation
- Lawyer for Failure to appear in court
- Lawyer for Driving Under the Influence or DUI
- Lawyer for Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO) revocation
- Lawyer for Conviction for Possession of Controlled Substance (Marijuana/Cocaine)
- Lawyer for Financial Responsibility Suspensions (Lapse of Insurance)
- Lawyer for Failure to Pay Child Support
- Lawyer for Failure to meet Out-of-State obligations
- Lawyer for Excessive points on your driving record
- Lawyer for Failure of or Refusal to take a Breath Exam
Knowledge of Suspension Required for Criminal Charges
Florida requires that the driver have actual knowledge that his license is suspended or revoked for him to be guilty of a crime. State records that show notice has been sent to the driver create a rebuttable presumption that the driver did in fact have knowledge that his privilege to drive had been withdrawn.
This principle of notice as knowledge applies to all suspensions or revocations except for suspensions for failing to pay for a ticket and financial responsibility suspensions (failing to maintain insurance coverage on your vehicle or failure to pay child support). However, being stopped more than once while driving during the same suspension or an admission of knowledge takes away the claim that the driver did not have knowledge of the suspension.
If a driver has three DWLRS within five years, the driver is designated as a Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO). Designation as an HTO means a five year administrative driver’s license suspension from the Florida Department of Highway Safety, Division of Drivers Licenses.
If your drivers license has been suspended call the Jacksonville Suspended License Helpline today and speak to an experienced drivers license reinstatement lawyer.